Apartment ManagementManagement for Your Needs
San Diego continues to be one of the premier apartment ownership markets in the country. We have a fantastic tenant population, if managed correctly, can yield outstanding benefits for the investor in local apartments. A big part of making your investment successful is the management component. At Cal-Prop we provide the solution to your management needs tailored to your style within the context of the legal and business structures that we know work best.
We offer San Diego’s most competitive rates.
Quick Turns with High Quality Tenants
Your unit’s quick turnover is essential to maximizing financial returns and eliminating lost rental days. We turn our units in three to five working days.
We maximize rents while retaining the highest quality tenants.
- Monthly market and rent analysis ensures your income is optimized.
- We consistently conduct rigorous inspections to ensure everything is intact in your rental property and address any potential damage before it gets significant.
- Our in-house team gives you better pricing and faster service to minimize vacancies while retaining tenants.
A Team at Your Disposal
At any one time depending on the issue, you have a full team working on your property including your VP, Property Manager, and Maintenance Supervisor, coordinator and technician. Great to have a team on your side creating solutions.
Cal-Prop’s “daily difference” is using our experience to innovate and continually get just a little better each and every day. We do not rest on our laurels or success, always knowing there is room to improve. We continually adapt to the market and ever changing landscape. Tried and tested property management processes help you save time and money.
Effective Marketing and Advertising
Our team uses effective marketing tools to attract your potential tenants in less time
- Extensive network to ensure you find the most suitable tenants.
- Floor Plans online for prospective tenants to view!
Our proprietary tenant screening process, quick turn practices, and all hands-on deck approach enables us to find and qualify quality tenants fast. We gear up for peak season by increasing staffing every year.
- We pre-lease 90% of our upcoming vacancies.
- We hold open houses to drive more traffic.
- Thorough tenant screening ensures high quality tenants. We conduct a strict screening process, subjecting identity, employment, credit score, crime, and tenancy history to careful examination.
- Online applications, rent payment, maintenance requests and forms for customer convenience.
Once we secure high quality tenants, we retain them.
- 90% of all tenant maintenance requests are fulfilled within two working days.
- Your tenants have access to one point of contact to address their needs.
Clear communication keeps you in the loop about the financial health of your properties. Our system allows you to customize the amount of communication you prefer about your asset starting with our Level One Owners who just want to interact with the monthly statements and ask us to apply our policies and procedures without much owner-manager interaction. Level Five Clients want to be involved daily and/or anytime anything significant arises.
One Point of Contact
You will have a single point of contact at Cal-Prop that will answer all of your questions whether they are about tenants, financial reports, maintenance or general questions about the state of the market and the ever changing legal landscape.
Financial Reporting That Makes Sense
Easy-to-read, no-nonsense reports offer clear explanations of cash flow, income and expenses. We include copies of key bills and any notes of explanation for your records.
- Easy to follow Cash Flow reports.
- You receive E-mailed reports or you can log onto the Portal and download your reports whichever you choose.
- A full detail of all Move Out charges and Deposit returns.
- Easy to follow Expense detail in matching order with the Cash Flow.
Our Services Also Include:
- Direct Deposit to Owners each month on the same day
- Rules enforcement and tenant issue management
- Annual safety inspections
- Mold Certified Staff to eliminate issues quickly and efficiently
- Emergency availability (24-hour line)
- Resolve deposit return disputes
- Water usage monitoring
- HOA interface experts
- Neighbor relations
- Annual insurance review
- Annual interior inspections of all units including review of tenancy, suggestions, and an update on the condition of your property
- Asset oversight by seasoned property managers
- Approved Vendor list honed by 38 years of experience