Single Family Home & Individual Condominium Management
We built our business on trust, transparency, and relationships.
San Diego County has the highest percentage of non-owner occupied single family homes and condominiums in the entire country. Owners of a residence often choose to retain their home and become landlords. Whether you invested, recently transitioned to being a landlord, or have had challenges with your current local manager we are here to provide the professional, comprehensive approach you can trust. Eliminate your worries and free up your time.
Tremendous Value for Owners
We offer San Diego’s most competitive rates for single family and individual condominium management.
Our in-house maintenance team of 20 highly qualified technicians provides plumbing, repair, painting, drywall and the full gamut of services you need at below market pricing. This creates great value for you and we complete all service orders extremely fast keeping your tenants paying full market price and remaining satisfied.
Quick Turns with High Quality Tenants
Your unit’s quick turnover is essential to maximizing financial returns and eliminating lost rental days. We turn our units in three to five working days.
We maximize rents while retaining the highest quality tenants.
- Annual market and rent analysis ensures your income is optimized.
- We complete annual inspections of the interior of your units to ensure all safety requirements are in place and functioning and the tenancy is proceeding in a proper manner.
- Keeping costs down increases your bottom line.
- Completing maintenance requests quickly keeps tenants satisfied and willing to pay market rent.
- We send you funds monthly on the 16th of each month instead of the end of the month so you obtain your funds sooner and can bank and invest them.
We stay on top of complex laws and regulations so you don’t have to.
A Team at Your Disposal
At any time depending on the issue you will have a full team working on your property including your VP, property manager, maintenance supervisor, maintenance coordinator and maintenance technician. Great to have a team on your side creating solutions.
Cal-Prop’s “daily difference” is using our experience to innovate and continually get just a little better each and every day. We do not rest on our laurels or success, always knowing there is room to improve. We continually adapt to the market and ever changing landscape. Tried and tested property management processes help you save time and money.
Effective Marketing and Advertising
Our team uses effective marketing tools to attract your potential tenants in less time
- Extensive network to ensure you find the most suitable tenants.
- Floor Plans online for prospective tenants to view!
Our proprietary tenant screening process, quick turn practices, and all hands-on deck approach enables us to find and qualify quality tenants fast. We gear up for peak season by increasing staffing every year.
- We pre-lease 90% of our upcoming vacancies.
- We hold open houses when it’s convenient for prospective tenants.
- Thorough tenant screening ensures high quality tenants. We conduct a strict screening process, subjecting identity, employment, credit score, crime, and tenancy history to careful examination.
- Online applications, rent payment, maintenance requests and forms for customer convenience.
Once we secure high quality tenants, we retain them.
- 90% of all tenant maintenance requests are fulfilled within two working days.
- Your tenants have access to one point of contact to address their needs.
Clear communication keeps you in the loop about the financial health of your properties. Our approach is personalized to fit your needs. Want to talk weekly? No problem! Desire an entirely hands-off approach? You’ve got it.
One Point of Contact
You always know who to contact. Whether it is maintenance needed, renovations, market analysis, or help with a decision, your personal property manager is available to you.
We pick up the phone. Sure, you can access what you need online, but you also have your property manager’s direct line and cell phone.
Financial Reporting That Makes Sense
Easy-to-read, no-nonsense reports offer clear explanations of cash flow, income and expenses. We include copies of major invoices. Single family and condo owners receive a preliminary statement with their check on the 16th of each month to help understand the check amount upon receiving it. A final month end statement is provided as well.
- We E-mail reports monthly or some Owners prefer to use the Portal. You choose.
- Our reports show a full detail of all Move Out charges and Deposit returns taking the mystery out of what the tenant paid for out of their Deposit.
- Easy to follow Cash Flow reports and expense details.
Our Services Also Include:
- Direct Deposit to Owners each month on the same day
- Rules enforcement and tenant issue management
- Handling evictions and posting quit notices (Our eviction rate is extremely low)
- Complying with fair housing regulations
- Preparing annual tax documents
- Annual safety inspections
- Mold Certified Staff to head off spurious claims quickly
- Emergency availability (24-hour line)
- Resolve deposit return disputes
- HOA interface experts
- Neighbor relations
- Annual insurance review
- Annual interior inspections of all units including review of tenancy, suggestions, and an update on the condition of your property
- Asset oversight by seasoned property managers
- Approved Vendor list honed by 38 years of experience